Friday, May 25, 2018

North-east garden renovation

On a hot Friday afternoon. since I had the day off anyway for some personal affairs and a holiday weekend as well. I went out to get a start on the North-east garden. Removing the excessive overgrowth of Daylilies.

I remember thinking that these were a good idea years ago when I planted them. They were attractive, easy to obtain and usually free. Now I'm not sure they were such a good idea as over the years they have gotten out of control. But that's what I like about this hobby. It's never permanent and always willing to accept change.
The project at hand. Can you spot my helper who thinks he is a wild animal hiding in the jungle? Actually, it was so hot I think he was trying to get in the shade
That was a lot of Daylilies. I filled one 40 gallon bucket with just this cut. I'm going to have to keep better control of these in the future

Finally got to the other side.
An old tree root plus having to watch for the Tulips didn't make for an easy job either

No comments:

Post a Comment

World of Wisdom

Download Blogger Widgets & Gadgets at PlanetBlogTemplate.blogspot.com